Retreat at Home: 5 Yoga DVD’s to Prepare for your next Retreat
Here are Seek Retreat’s recommended top 5 yoga DVD’s to prepare for your next retreat. Have the ultimate yoga experience without leaving the comfort of your own home.
- Bryan Kest Power Yoga Complete Collection; Feel the power. Be the power! Unlock the strengthening, slimming, detoxifying and re-energizing of Power Yoga. Bryan Kest leads you in a vigorous workout based on the robust Ashtanga style of Yoga.
- Shiva Rea: Daily Energy – Vinyasa Flow Yoga; Yoga superstar Shiva Rea is a leading teacher of vinyasa (flow) yoga, which combines fluid movement with rhythmic breathing for a complete mind-body workout. Each DVD includes several mix-and-match practices. Fit yoga into your busy life, lessen stress and build strength with Daily Energy
- Micheline Berry’s Liquid Asana: The Fluid Dance of Vinyasa Flow Yoga: Beginner’s Flow; Fitness expert Micheline Berry hosts this yoga routine, combining the techniques of Vinyasa Flow Yoga with four fluid dance movements to provide a relaxing and strengthening practice for both beginners and pros.
- The Ashtanga Yoga Collection; The breath and body move as one in the Ashtanga Yoga tradition. This classical path harnesses the power of the postures to reveal the pure awareness, freedom, and depth of all that is yoga. Now with The Ashtanga Yoga Collection, renowned teacher Richard Freeman masterfully guides you through this precise union of breath, alignment, and flowing postures as taught to him by master yogi K. Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India.
- Maya Fiennes Kundalini Yoga: A Journey through the Chakras; Each DVD in this three-disc box set is a 50 or so minute practice devoted to opening one of the first three chakras (subtle energy centres), all of which are found in the lower half of the spine. Kundalini yoga uses small movements, repeated 20 or so times, or held for several minutes, to gently awaken the body.