Kane on Cape Town
Kane on Cape Town. Kane Soofi was born in Arlington, Texas and grew up in Memphis, Tennessee. Kane, an internationally recognized model, has been inspired by yoga and travel for most of his life. Countries explored have been Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador, Canada, France, India, and South Africa.
“I’m a human, I’m always trying new things. Being idle is unacceptable and I’m always assuming that what I’m doing is the last time that I am doing it. I want to see more, know more, feel more and certainly understand more and maybe, just maybe..make this little blue dot we live on a bit better.” -Kane Soofi
What are your top 5 recommended things to do in Cape Town?
1. Hike at Lions Head and Table Top Mountain. The wind has shaped these mountains, it is a share face that is completely flat. It has all sorts of wild life and nature. No words can describe its beauty.
2. Rent a Scooter. It’s not a city it’s a town, you really need to have that feeling of being out in the fresh air and the ability to explore and park with ease.
3. Yoga. You have to do yoga in Africa, you really feel a deeper interaction, absolute feeling of your practice being genuine without any pretentiousness. I recommend The Yoga Life studio.
4. Market shopping. Every day of the week you can find a different, unique market going on. It gives you the opportunity to bounce around and see the different parts and cultures of Cape Town via the markets. The two that I would recommend are Hout Market (Hout Bay) and Old Biscuit Mill (Woodstock).
5. Eat! You get world class 5-star dining on a middle class budget. Try exotic cuisine such as ostrich, kudu, and Spingboc.
What in South Africa has really inspired you and your experience?
I think that there are many great places in the world, however South Africa has really resonated with the vibrations I have in this life. Travelling unlocks those other senses beyond the 5 senses that we have, which allows me and allows anybody lucky enough to find their vibration to grow exponentially in a short period of time.
How and when did you get introduced to yoga?
I got introduced to yoga through a friend at Bryan Kest Studio when I first moved to Southern California from Memphis, Tennessee.
How has yoga influenced your life?
Yoga allows me to completely reset my physical and mental self every single day and to start off clean. Anything is possible after a solid yoga class.
What is your favorite life quote?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”-Samurai Warrior, Musashi.
What are you listening to right now?
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tame Impala.
What natural gift would you most like to possess?
The ability to discern.
In your next life, what would you choose to come back as?
I’d be happy If I simply had the ability to come back for a second time so I wouldn’t be picky.